Saturday, November 26, 2011

Caramel Apple Cheesecake Pie

Tonight we had a get together at my dad's house.  I decided that I wanted to make dessert.  I've been enjoying making new recipes lately and expanding on my baking skills.  Plus with the help of Pinterest it's much easier to keep track of all the recipes I see.

A note about Pinterest.  I really enjoy it.  But I'm a bit different than the average users.  I don't really search on Pinterest for anything but more use it for my own bookmarked sites.  I pin a lot of recipes that I find while I stumble.  This site helps me look at everything at once instead of having to go through my millions of bookmarked pages.  It's actually helping me to make more of the yummy things I see online.

Anyway back to today... I decided to make a dessert and decided to make Caramel Apple Cheesecake Pie.  Here's the picture I pinned.



It was a more complicated recipe than I'm use to.  I made EVERYTHING from scratch including the crust, caramel, apple filling, cheesecake and whipped cream. 

I did have some help from my mom... I'm hoping living back at home I pick up some more baking tips than I had.  There are just some things you don't learn until you have someone telling you how to do it, or you mess it up.  Thanks to her everything seemed to turn out really well.

Here's a picture of my final product taken with my iPhone. (the far side got a little bit messed up from transport)

And here's it cut up... I will admit that my crust was a bit crumbly, but tasted good :)

You can see the crust, then a layer of caramel (this layer should have nuts, but I omitted the nuts b/c my brother's girlfriend is allergic and I wanted her to be able to eat it if she wanted), then apple filling, cheesecake and whipped cream topping.

All but one piece got eaten so I'd say this recipe is a success.  I brought home the last piece for mom is she wants it.

Hopefully with the Christmas season approaching I'll be able to try some more new recipes!!

No comments: