Friday, November 4, 2011

Randomness from the Last 24 hours

  • I made chili mac for dinner.  It's one of my favorite dinners to make (and probably totally not healthy for you)... I just make about a 1/2 a cup of macaroni... then heat up a can of chili (I use Wolf Brand Turkey chili)... then I had some cheese and ta-da... a yummy dinner.  I always add some seasoning to the chili to kick it up a bit and lots of oyster crackers... but so good.

  • I am making my annual Christmas list and I would say it was about 75% complete with pictures and links and the whole 10 yards... but it accidentally got deleted last night... I was so so so so so so bummed!  I had already spent at least 2 hours on it and had to redo all of my work.  I hope to publish it sometime in the next week.

  • Last night I was trying to blow my nose and my one nostril is all backed up... I blew really hard and in the process I hurt my ear... hopefully it gets better... but geez... I didn't realize you could injure your ear by blowing your nose!

  • There's a show on Travel Channel called Off Limits... here is Wikipedia's description "Adventure seeker and series host, Don Wildman travels across America ignoring the warning signs to explore dangerous "off-limit" areas in major cities throughout the United States. Cities that may just be a tourist destination for ordinary travelers, but for Wildman and his crew of urban spelunkers, its like embarking on a journey to rediscover a city's past by uncovering it's secret history."  This show is very interesting in my opinion... and last night they aired the St. Louis episode... which was SO exciting!  I've actually done one of the things that's 'Off Limits' which is go up in the dome at the Old Courthouse.  They also talked about the Ashley Electric house, the Ead's Bridge, an old train station and the caves the Lemp family used in the beer making process.  If you ever get a chance to watch this show (not just St. Louis's version) it is REALLY interesting... I've learned a lot of things I never knew before (picture added... I know it's small but I had to take it from Photobucket and couldn't make it bigger...)

    No comments: