Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Tradition

HAPPY 200th BLOG POST!!!

Some of the best blog entries are those that talk about family traditions. I love hearing how different family traditions can be... and (possibly) get interesting ideas for a future family traditions...

Well I wanted to share a Thanksgiving one...

They go by the name of Pumpkin Cookies... As far back as I can remember my mom has been baking these for Thanksgiving. She bakes them one night and we decorate them the next night.

I don't have the recipe... but they are very yummy with pumpkin, chocolate chips and raisins. My mom shapes them into pumpkins with a little stem.

Then we come over and frost the cookies... green for the stem and orange for the pumpkin part. Then the decorating... we make faces out of candy. They can be silly or cute. But they end up being creative. My mom made the comment this year that she remembers the days when the challenge was getting as much candy on the cookie as possible...Which has changed throughout the years

In my eyes Thanksgiving wouldn't be Thanksgiving without pumpkin cookies. (The one on the bottom right is suppose to be Marge Simpson, which is freaking adorable!! Good Job Lindsey!!)

Some other pictures from Thanksgiving...

A great one of me and my sister
I thought this was a nice one of my brother and grandma working on a crossword puzzle.
And finally... Chad got to carve the turkey which made him VERY happy and excited




1 comment:

dsdddwddgdd said...

awww.......this is so sweet it made me get all weepy! i love that our traditions remain important. and, these photos are great! they really capture the spirit of our holiday.