Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gift

I think that I mentioned a couple of times that I was making a gift for someone... well I'm finally able to post about it...

My step-mom turned 50 this year and we held a very nice party at Triumph Grill. I decide to kind of recycle/revamp a gift that we did for my mom when she turned 50.

I made a scrap book with every year in her life. When we did my mom's my sister, me, and my brother all did pages and did them by hand. For Janet's I did them on the computer.

I started out by going to Wikipedia and researching each year and picking out important or interesting events. Then Chad helped me format a square in Open Office's Powerpoint. I made one for each year and then printed them out on card stock. I used my new paper cutter to cut them out (the hardest part) and then cut out colored paper. I glued the card stock on the color paper and placed them in the scrapbook and voila!!

The book
The first page - a list of same day birthday
Some of the pages
And a close up (you can click on the picture to see it even bigger)

If anyone is interest in the template or the facts let me know and I can send them your way... I may revamp this project again... it's awesome b/c I learned a lot and it's a very awesome gift.

2 comments:

Emily said...

That is an awesome gift! I might have to keep that idea in mind.

WolfmansRazor said...

great thought and effort!