Thursday, March 4, 2010

3/25

I'm behind in posting this... I kept thinking, hey I'll post that tomorrow at work, and then being super busy at work and not able to do it... so here I am... finally getting around to it.

I caved in and read...
I feel I need to preface this review with a couple of things... one, I was really trying to wait to read this series until the hype died down... I felt like I would judge the book b/c it's very trendy right now... luckily I think I did ok not judging it for that.

the second thing is my sister, Lindsey, read these book looooong before the became popular. I wanted to give her a shout out for finding something before everyone else jumped on board. Lindsey, thank you for letting me borrow the books... and I have a gift for you!!

So... what did I think? Well... I had a little trouble getting into it... it's how I felt about Harry Potter at first... "figure out you're a wizard already" here it was "figure out he's a vampire already." Once I got past that it went a lot faster. I will admit that I watched the movie before reading the book (which typically I'll do the other way) so that did have some affect on the read at first as well. Putting all of that aside, I enjoyed it. It's a light nice read. I'm excited about reading New Moon next (started last night) I feel like it will go even faster b/c I don't know what will happen.

Ending results: I'm not a die hard Twilight fan like some are, but I did really enjoy it.

No comments: