Sunday, March 21, 2010

C25K - Week 1

We finished week one!!

The workout: Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

The first workout was tough... It made me realize just how out of shape I really was. I also realized that I had no clue how to control my breathing... I would start the shallow breathing and be doomed from there. But we made it through and it felt really good afterward. I was also surprised at the last of soreness the next day, which was awesome!!

The second workout went a bit smoother, although we went a way that involved lots of hills, so I'm not sure we should do that way every time. Also Chad and I hadn't yet perfected how to run together with one timer. He can run faster than I can so it was tough to know when to run/walk. We had a talk about it afterward so I think it should be better from now on. I was a little worried after this workout that I wouldn't be ready to move onto the next week. I felt like I was really struggling. I think this is more due to the fact of Chad walk/run issue as well as the hills. On a good note, I did a better job controlling my breathing. I talked to my good friend Carrie and she gave me some great advise... so that really helped.

The third workout we decided to take the dogs along. I'm not sure how well it will work with them, but hopefully someday we'll get better at taking them. This workout went by really well. It is amazing how much we both improved in 3 short workouts. When we got back to the house we even did sit-ups.

We'll be moving onto week 2 next week.

No comments: