Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Vote For Change

It is only seven days until election day... everyone should vote. Voting is an important civic right that we all have that some do not exercise. I think it's very important that you go out and vote no matter who or what you want to vote for. I'm not going to tell you what do to, everyone should vote based on what they believe is best. Our ancestors fought for our right to vote and people just don't understand the importance anymore.

Last week I realized that I have no clue where I'm suppose to vote. See I changed my name AND address after the October 4th registration deadline. I tried to figure it out on the St. Louis County site and just wasn't able to. What I would normally do in this situation would be to say oh well, there's always next time. I thought about saying this but I kept feeling guilty... really really guilty. I sent them an email and figured out I will be voting at the polling place for my next address. I'm very happy and relieved to have this figured out. I don't care if I have to stand in a long line to vote, I'm going to do it as should everyone of legal age.

This presidental election will create history, not just b/c we will elect a new president but we could elect an African American as president or a female as VP. This election will change every one from here on out. No longer will it only be old white guys in office... and that's a really really neat thing.

So everyone... please vote... not to mention if you vote you can get a free scoop of Ben and Jerry's ice cream!! So now what?

I will be voting for Obama. But even if you're not it's your right to vote and you should!!

No comments: