Thursday, October 30, 2008

Elevators

The elevators at my work are one of the bigger annoyances in my life right now. I become increasingly more annoyed every time I have to deal with them. I work on the 9th and top floor of my building. I not only deal with one set of them but two--the ones in the office building and the ones in the parking garage...

It's not so much the elevators themselves that annoy me but the people on the said elevators... Following is my numerous annoyances with them.

  • People who are well-abled who ride the elevator up one floor--are you really that lazy that you cannot take the step up ONE floor... c'mon
  • What bothers me even more is people who take the elevator up one floor is the people who take the elevator DOWN one floor... seriously are you really that lazy that you won't walk down the steps? Seriously? I mean seriously? Nothing annoys me more is having to stop one floor down of where I'm currently at b/c some lazy SOB doesn't want to take the freaking steps... Again this applies to able-bodied people... This seriously bothers me
  • I hate people that hold the open doors button for no reason... the open doors button only needs to be used in like last minute situations... doors are closing and someone wants to get on or off... it does not need to be pushed and held when a steady flow of people are getting on or off the elevator... the doors will stay open b/c people keep going through them. The people that hold this button usually want a 'thank you' and why should I thank someone who is doing something that doesn't need to be done?
  • At work people tend to cram onto the elevators... this especially happens at the end of the day... I understand what people do it--the elevators are hard to get at the time of day and when one comes you get on... but seriously what if that elevator broke and there's 12-15 people on it... that's tight AND no one would be able to sit down... it would seriously suck... I know this probably never happens, but someday it will!!
  • I hate it when there's only a couple of people on the elevator and they stand right next to you for no reason... don't people understand that I have a personal space bubble and I'd rather you not pop my bubble?
  • I hate the weirdos you meet in the elevator... the ones that launch into some big conversation with random stranger just so they can talk... it's like can't we just ride in quiet... I was perfectly fine not knowing you and I'd like to keep it that way... I've seriously avoided getting onto the elevator with people like this.
  • I hate when people talk on their cell phones or use their blue tooths on the elevator... seriously, we shouldn't have to be forced to listen to your conversation... I especially hate it when they are having a convo and give you dirty looks b/c they know you're listening, I mean how can I not listen to your convo when we are sharing a 4x6 box together?
  • What really bothers me about the work elevators is even at their peak usage (beginning of the work day and the end) they don't have all the elevators going... I really hate this in the parking garage where one is sitting at the 1st floor (as am I) and we have to wait for one of the working elevators...

I realized I said seriously in this post a lot... but this is getting more and more on my nerves... the elevators alone here could make me go crazy... by the time I get to my car at night I'm mad... I know that I could just take the steps, but I'm lazy... I do take the steps sometimes (more than some other lazies) but maybe I should more... I may be more happy of a person...

No comments: