Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Our Kitty Cats

I really wanted to write a post about our adorable kitty cats... I also wanted to include a picture... now I wish I could get a better picture, but geez our cats just do not photograph well for whatever reason...


I want to introduce Pretty Kitty and Stitch!! Stitch is the black cat and Pretty Kitty is the gray striped one.

I have had Pretty Kitty (formerly Ginger or ZigZag) since January of 2005. She came from the Pet Store in Kirksville. Christina (my roommate at the time) and I already had one cat (Bacardi) and we just went to the pet store to look. I fell in love with Pretty. But decided we couldn't get a second cat. A couple of days later we went back and she was still there so we bought her. And it's a good thing we did b/c Christina ended up with Bacardi and I ended up with Pretty. We named her ZigZag... She lived at the frat house (Phi Lambs) for awhile since I couldn't have cats in my apartment. She had loads of adventures there as a kitten. Most notiably was when she jumped out of the second story window b/c some frats boys called her and she jumped... but she was fine just wasted one of her 9 lives.

Shortly there after I changed her name to Pretty Kitty only b/c that's what I always called her and it's what she responds to. The poor cat doesn't have any claws (none on the back either) so she has a hard time scratching her ears. If you start to pet her she never wants you to stop. She's the sweetest cats I've ever seen. She is my baby... she's been with me through a lot... Chad has adopted her as his own, but she'll always be mine at heart (and she knows that too) I love her... she's so pretty...

We've had Stitch since January 2007. Chad and I had been going out for about 6 months at that point. We decided another cat would be a good addition. He really wanted a black cat and I really wanted a fluffy cat. We went down to the Humane Society and looked around... We saw so many adorable kitties and cats... but nothing quite like we wanted (we could have easily fell in love with any animal there!!)... but then we saw a young girl holding a fluffy fiesty black kitten... we hoped they weren't adopting that cat. Luckily they weren't... they put the fluffy fiesty black kitten back in the cage. I made Chad sit next to the cage and make sure no one else took her... Then we were finally able to take her into a room for some meet and greet. She was so adorable running around and playing... she had a gimp tail (which they had shaved down and it looked soo funny) we knew she was the one for us.

Stitch has never let us down... she's still crazy and adorable and fluffy... she's a very lively part of our house. When we got the dog (another post) she was terrified of the dog, but now the play all the time. She's such a charecter and so much fun to have in the house.

I love our cats... they bring me a lot of joy... I can't stand when people say "I'm just not a cat person" b/c until you have one you can't understand how amazing they are as pets. They are just as loving and playful as dogs... I know we've all had an experience with a cat that wasn't good but when you have a cat from a kitten on they are wonderful pets... I know we got lucky with the two we have since they are such social animals, but any cat I've ever had has been a joy... plus you can leave them for a couple of days and they can take care of themselves. I absolutely adore our kitties!!

No comments: