Friday, October 17, 2008

111 Things about Jenn

I did this a long time ago in college… my roommate at the time was trying to get to know a boy and they exchanged lists of 100 random things about themselves… at the time I did it too… I came up with way more than 100… today I’m going to do it just so you can get to know where I’m coming from… maybe I’ll try to dig up the list from probably 2003… I bet things have changed (at least I hope!!)

(1) After I finished this list and read back over it I changed what was number 1 to this.

(2) Tuna salad is my one exception to everything… I don’t like fish, mayo, hard-boiled eggs, celery, relish, or onions yet when you combine them together it’s awesome!! I also like ketchup but not tomatoes and pickles and not cucumbers.

(3) I got married on September 19, 2008 to Chad… we knew each other in high school but weren’t friends but friends with some of the same people… strange how the world works…

(4) I always thought when I was seriously dating someone or married I would secretly miss the single life… turns out I don’t.

(5) I like being right.

(6) We have two cats and a dog and by my guesstimate we will have another dog soon.

(7) Cars I’ve owned: 1987 Oldsmobile Cutless Ciera (maroon) 1998 Buick Century (dark teal) and the first car I ever bought a 2007 Chevy Cobalt (silver) I got it with only 12 miles on it.

(8) I’m a happy person but also love to bitch and moan and vent.

(9) My family is the most important thing to me.

(10) I have three best friends: Chad, Christina, and my mom.

(11) I have one brother, a (half) sister, 2 step-sisters and a step-brother and I’m proud of all of them.

(12) The more and more I think about it I realize I’m a scaredy cat.

(13) I love love love roller coasters and cannot wait to go back to Cedar Point.

(14) I am a proud St. Louisian. Don’t diss my city.

(15) I worked at Jefferson National Expansion Memorial (aka the Gateway Arch) for two summers, and it was perhaps my best job ever.

(16) Speaking of the Arch I know way too many ‘fun’ facts about it… like there are 1,076 stairs (which I’ve walked down) it can sway up to 18 inches (never has before) it is 630 ft. tall and wide along with tons more!!

(17) Both of my parents worked at the Arch, where they met, fell in love, married, and had me and my brother.

(18) Then got divorced when I was about 6. Luckily they are friendly which I think has helped me not being too ‘messed up.’

(19) I thought for awhile I didn’t have any real memories of them together (other than fighting) but I do… when it was snowy out and my dad would drop my brother off at my grandparents and my mom would drop me off to preschool my mom would say drive slow and steady and my dad would say I’ll drive fast and jerky. It is strange what one remembers…

(20) I wish Chad could have met my grandpa and my uncle… I think they would have really gotten along. I miss them so much!!

(21) I’m sick of working in corporate America.

(22) I’m a democrat.

(23) I want to start taking more pictures so I can hang them on the walls.

(24) I cannot wait to re-do our house… paint the walls, hang up pictures, everything!!

(25) If I could sit at home all day and make crafts, I totally would.

(26) I could really get into scrap booking, but I don’t want to—it’s too many supplies and way too much money.

(27) I watch too much reality television. My favorites? Survivor, Ghost Hunters, VH1.

(28) I like the sound of pen on paper.

(29) My brother is so incredibly smart it’s sickening.

(30) I love game shows.

(31) I love playing board games and cards… when we have a family there’s totally going to be a family game night.

(32) Birth scares me but I want to have kids… someday.

(33) I have been a birth coach. Being able to watch Christina see her daughter for the very first time was one of the best experiences of my life.

(34) If and when we have a baby, I don’t want to know the sex until it pops out of me.

(35) I graduated from Truman State University with a bachelor’s of science in Business Administration with a minor in Justice Systems. At times I can’t believe I actually graduated.

(36) I am a good typer.

(37) I don’t have many good girl friends. Girls are just too dramatic for me and it’s hard for me to find new ones that I can instantly get along with.

(38) I grew up with all boys (my brother and cousins on both sides.)

(39) I love breakfast sandwiches… also one of my favorite meals is grilled cheese and tomato soup (or spaghetti o’s)… especially when Chad makes it for me!!

(40) I broke my leg last September, and it hurt so badly… I never appreciated walking as much as I did during that time. You just don’t realize how hard it is without a leg… but Chad kept really good care of me which I was lucky to have.

(41) I’ve kissed a girl… for money. (It’s amazing what guys will give you money for!!)

(42) I love sports… especially baseball and football.

(43) I’ve only been out of the country once, and that was to Prague to visit my brother who was studying abroad there.

(44) My favorite color is pink.

(45) I also really like green.

(46) I want to travel more.

(47) My lifetime goal is to visit all 50 states.

(48) I’m scared to move away from St. Louis.

(49) When I was younger I hated pizza.

(50) I’m an expert gift wrapper.

(51) I took Spanish in high school and Italian in college and can remember more Spanish than Italian.

(52) I always have pink polish on my toes.

(53) I love working on spreadsheets.

(54) I love ice cream, but it upsets my stomach.

(55) I enjoy filling out paperwork.

(56) When I was younger I really wanted blonde hair… now that I’m older I would never change my hair.

(57) I spend most of my days at work slacking b/c there’s not enough work to keep me busy all day… this is perhaps the most annoying thing about my job.

(58) I feel prettier now that I weigh more. Being skinny was nice but having some curves makes me feel prettier.

(59) That being said I want to lose about 15-20 pounds.

(60) I don’t like sweets nearly as much as I use to… although I like to have a couple of bites of something sweet after dinner.

(61) I’ll admit it… I enjoy gossip.

(62) I don’t shop nearly as much as I use to.

(63) I pick at my fingernails when I’m bored or nervous.

(64) When I get anxious/excited/stressed I get sleepy.

(65) It wasn’t weird for me to call Chad my husband… it was weird when I started to refer to his mom as my mother-in-law.

(66) My paternal grandmother is wonder woman. She has met so many health obstacles and over come each and every one… I hope I got more of my dad’s health genes than my mom’s.

(67) On my mom’s side of the family my grandpa and uncle have passed away from cancer, my mom and aunt have had and overcome cancer, my grandma has had an aneurism, and a whole other mess of problems.

(68) I’m closer to my mom and her side of the family.

(69) I love my dad but he and my brother are best friends.

(70) I have two tattoos and will probably get at least one more.

(71) One is a “friendship” tattoo with Christina… we both have stars and got them at the same time hers on her feet and mine on my lower back (side not middle).

(72) The other matching one with Chad—it is a heart with an infinity sign on my upper thigh and his is on his wrist.

(73) We got the tattoo for my 23 birthday and had only been dating 8 months.

(74) I fear needles and insects that sting.

(75) I have (and will) faint when I get a shot.

(76) When I broke my leg I almost passed out from the pain twice.

(77) I believe in ghosts.

(78) I really want a VW Beetle… or a Jetta.

(79) I absolutely hate Hummers. They make me mad.

(80) We had a Hummer Limo for the wedding, b/c Hummers make good limos (and army vehicles) not for personal use.

(81) I don’t mind watching Chad play video games.

(82) I love Gilmore Girls.

(83) I was born on a Tuesday at 5:04pm.

(84) I can pogo stick no-handed.

(85) I enjoy museums.

(86) I love to dance, when no one is around I dance all around the house.

(87) My eyes change colors. They are usually olive green but I’ve seen them look bright blue as well.

(88) I love Christmas time.

(89) I’m a very sentimental person… I keep way too much stuff but it reminds me of something so I never want to get rid of it.

(90) I think good gift giving skills are important.

(91) I enjoy reading “kids” books. I especially love the Harry Potter series.

(92) I am left handed. (and I love that fact.)

(93) Our wedding was beyond perfect.

(94) I want to get a fish tank someday. Oh, and a self-cleaning litter box.

(95) I know how to use a typewriter.

(96) I watch wrestling. John Cena is my favorite.

(97) I always let Chad drive.

(98) People annoy me as do bad drivers and people who come to an almost complete stop to go over speed bumps.

(99) I remember too much sometimes.

(100) I went to civil war camp in 1995 and got to wear a old-time hoop skirt. My picture was in the paper for this.
(101) I want to go sky diving someday.

(102) I am Pro-Choice, Pro-Stem Cell Research, and pro-same-sex marriages.

(103) I drink beer and by beer I mean Bud Light.

(104) Ranch dressing can go on just about everything in my opinion.

(105) I enjoy sneezing.

(106) When I was little I didn’t like my freckles. My Grandpa told me the freckles were angel kisses. From then on I loved my freckles.

(107) I am the favorite grandchild on both my mom and my dad’s sides.

(108) I get mosquito bites really easily.

(109) I’m not good at lying.

(110) I don’t know my blood type.

(111) I’m proud of who I am. I like the way I look and the way I act (usually.) I am happy and I have self-confidence in who I am.

No comments: