Sunday, November 10, 2013

Friends

There are times that I there is a good topic to talk about on here.  But at the same time they are topics that just can't be written about on here. 

What I mean is... They are things I would want to write out and put my feelings to words. But they are posts that could unleash a can of worms that it is simply not worth offending people. 

A lot of this revolves around my friends feelings. I crossed this bridge a lot when I wrote during the early stages of my divorce. People thought I was writing about them specifically. (Side note we all do this. For instance taking someone's Facebook status to be about them when in reality it's not that person at all. I know I'm guilty of this). It's just the nature of living in an Internet world I suppose. 

I have a lot of thoughts about growing up and the friendships I have. Sometimes I feel very discouraged... And I while I would love to pour my heart out to my blog citing specific examples... I just am not able to... I mean the last thing you would want to spilling your very sensitive feelings just to get them thrown back in your face. 

I think I like to over share about situations. If you are close to me you know I can babble on about a truly unimportant event just because I want to... Just like right now except I'm being more vague. 

So when it comes to social media how do you balance the need/want to share your feelings because it's your Facebook page or your blog while juggling the sensitivity of your friends/family?

Mostly these days I choose not to put it out there and mostly I think that's probably the best way to handle it. Then it can't get you into too much trouble. Although not everyone chooses to act that way... Which can be frustrating. 

This post's focus has shifted a bit for me haha... But while writing it I realize what I really want to talk about is just one of those things that is probably better if I don't write it...  

Here's what I want to say I guess... Sometimes it makes me sad that I don't have more close female friends. I feel like I'm a good friend, but I keep losing people in my life. After it happens time-after-time I start to wonder if it's me and not them, but looking at the specific examples they all make sense and doesn't point the finger directly at me (not saying it's the other person's fault either). So... It just gets discouraging at times, but at the same time I have to stand up and say I won't be treated this way. 

In the end it's just how time works and how friendships go... I know that. At some point in the future it may swing back the other way... And it probably will! 

I love my friends and so grateful to have them in my life. Nothing recently really spurred this post just thinking about things... I guess that's all

PS I wrote this entire post from my phone so if there are spelling or grammatical errors that's why. 

3 comments:

Susan said...

Love you girlie!

Christina said...

I know what you mean. I've had friends I've invested a lot into the friendship and have the same thing happen. I truly wish I had more close friendships.

And for what it's worth, what happened between us was all my fault. I didn't know how to be a true friend back then and I made a lot of mistakes. I truly am sorry for that.

Jenn said...

Thanks Christina- We were both young and I'm really happy that we have reconnected!!