Saturday, November 2, 2013

aka our zoo

We've been living in the house for two months now and I haven't properly introduced most of our inhabitants.

We did a lot of adjusting to make sure that all of the animals have a place in our house.  We even had to add a door to ensure that the cats stay downstairs and the dogs cannot get to them.  So at times our place feels a little maze-like, but whatever it works!

My two cats are living in the basement.  I've talked a lot about them on this blog before.  We have Pretty...
Ignore my out-of-date glasses


And Stitch.
I love the new editing features on the iPhone, made Stitch look really pretty


You probably know a lot about them already - they are two very sweet, friendly cats.

Next up the Dogs, First there is Bella.  She's a bit of an attention whore and she loves to lick.  Whenever someone comes over or us coming home she immediately has to go get a toy.  She's a good listener... sometimes.
See the Beanie Babies in the background?  Those are now dog toys


Then we have Daddy, he's a sweetheart and loves to cuddle.  He's much more mellow than Bella, but lately when I get home from work he'll jump up and down.  I've watched him with their newly acquired yard and he just frolics around... it's adorable.  He also is the one that likes to catch small animals (squirrels, dogs, cats, etc) so we really have to watch him when it comes to that.  He's also the pretty boy
He crossed his legs how adorable

Daddy and Bella have a pretty interesting relationship.  She bosses him around, demands attention from anyone giving him attention and will bark or bother him when he is comfortable somewhere.  I've seriously watched them during the day where he is napping and Bella will bark at something outside and he'll come running even though there's really nothing outside in the first place.  They are good together.  Before I met Dan he didn't have either of them fixed so they actually had puppies together (not his plan).  They are both fixed now.

Oh also, let me brag on them (and Dan)... when you start to eat these dogs go and sit in their kennels or on their bed and don't bother you.  You don't even need to tell them to go lay down... they just do it!  It's really pretty impressive!
 
Bella sitting on Daddy, while he was in his kennel... no where else you could lay Bella?

Both wanting to me on my lap at the same time
We also have Ms. Loud-Mouth and the b!tch... or her actual name - Quina.  She doesn't like me very much.  The only times she really lets me pick her up is if she flies into a room looking for Dan and he isn't there... I guess perching on my finger is easier for her than walking back haha.  She is pretty entertaining to watch and the noises she makes - well, they are pretty entertaining too.  She liked to talk and jibber-jabber to herself a lot.  I wish I could post a video - but I'm not sure how to.  She likes to make noise when the TV is on especially (and when you mute suddenly she's quiet too)  So far she doesn't really say anything, although she can laugh, which is pretty adorable.
 
A rare time on my shoulder


Bribed her with the hair thingy

That's all the animals living in our house... when someone new comes over the dogs have been doing the big scary barks (although they are totally good with people).  Then the bird starts squawking... it's quite the commotion.  I bet people think we never have a quiet house, but we do, they just get excited about seeing new people :)

Welcome to our zoo!

No comments: