Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Weekend in Review: No Real Plans

This past weekend started by me not having any real plans - which honest was pretty awesome.  It was nice to be able to do whatever I wanted b/c I didn't have to worry about being here or there.

My weekend started out with Catching Fire on Thursday night.

On Friday I spent most of the day lounging around the house... and I don't care if it sounds lame - it was amazing!!

After work on my mom picked me up and we went to see my Grandpa who was at my aunt's house.  Sadly he fell earlier in the week.  He is 91 and in good health.  He was outside picking up leaving and lost his balance and took some stumbling steps forward and smashed his head into some rocks and broke his arm in two places.  He looks pretty terrible with all the cuts on his face (he had to get like 12 stitches in his head too).  He's going to see more doctors, but he's ok.  The longer we were over there the more he seemed like himself.

After our visit we got some dinner at Rich and Charlies and checked out both the Dollar Store and Big Lots.  It was a nice evening with my mom.  I went back home and hung out and then went to bed.  I got a phone call at like 2 in the morning from Dan asking me to come get him... someone had drank a bit too much haha.  So being the amazing girlfriend I am, I went and picked his butt up... of course I had to stop for gas... it's really cold out at 2 in the morning.

On Saturday we slept in, which we NEVER do... or at least Dan never does.  After we finally got up and moving we went back to get his car and had lunch with his friend Caleb at Quincy Street Bistro.  I've heard about this place a bunch and always wanted to go, but hadn't, so I was excited to try it out.  It was delicious!!  We ordered the onion peels (the batter is amazing) and I had the BLT.  The cure their own bacon there - the bacon is thick and awesome.

We headed back home and ended up spending the rest of the day/night at home.  I also made cookies.

On Sunday I met up with my mom, sister, and two aunts (Pat and Ruth) and went to the Lindbergh Craft Fair.  It was an awesome time spent with all of them.  We used to go to craft shows much more, but it kinda stopped, so it was nostalgic too.  I was also able to pick up a few gifts, including something for my dad who is always hard to buy for.  It was a lot of fun!!

I finished off the day by doing exciting things like grocery shopping and taking a nap.  Overall it was a great weekend!!

No comments: