Saturday, November 16, 2013

A story about my grandma

I wanted to finish up this mini series with a story about my Grandma.  We lost her two years ago this month as well (apprentally November is a popular month to lose members of my family...)  My grandma (my dad's mom) was such a sweet woman... just about the most caring a person could be.  I can't ever really remember her yelling at us haha.  Here's a short sweet story about her.

My grandma could really cook - good food... food I did not appreciate at the time (why oh why was I a picky eater as a kid?!?)  One of the best things she would make was pancakes.  The best part about her pancakes is she would make them into any shapre you would request.  I mean sure there were some simple things like an apple or a smily face, but we threw some challenges at her :)  I remember once us asking for teenage mutant ninga turtles and she totally pulled it off... even adding their eye coverings... talented in pancake art she was.  That's the kind of grandma she was - anything for her grandkids!

1 comment:

dsdddwddgdd said...

lovely! she certainly DID cook some delicious food and i DID appreciate it at the time....