Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Baking: Toll House Cookies

I decided to make cookies this weekend and decided to just make a classic - Toll House Cookies.

I did over cook some of them (sensing a trend) but I'm starting to get the hang of my oven

Side Note to the story... the stove/oven I have now is the same oven I had in my old house when I was married, so you'd think I'd have it down... but I'm a better baker now (I think, hope, pray) so I'm getting it...  One of these days I'll tell you my cookies were perfectly baked.

I made the first batch without any chips in it and added some candy corn M&Ms in the cookies.


Some of the best things ever!
But as you know (and I know, although didn't think too much about at the time haha) so I put three M&Ms per cookie when after they spread looked pretty meager... womp womp...

All the cookies after that I used peanut butter and chocolate chips - which are amazing... overall the cookies were pretty great!! (maybe just a bit crunchy haha)  The fun part was I used the same amount of chips for all the cookies even though I already put a batch in the oven... so they were extra chippy.

There are so many options in the store for different chips - so I might try these again with different chips - sounds fun to me!!


Somday I'll get good at the food staging :)

No comments: