Sunday, November 17, 2013

A story about my uncle

I am following yesterday's trend with a story about my uncle (mom's brother) Steve.  He passed away 16 years ago this month, but luckily that gave me plenty of time to know him.  He is a very special person and I am lucky he was my uncle.  As with my grandpa there are too many stories to count that I could tell... but here's a short simple one that I've thought of recently (I told it to my mom, sister and grandma recently)

I remember once that Steve took us over to visit a family friend (yes the same ones that we went to the wedding recently)  After hanging out there for quite awhile we headed back home.  Except on the way home at every intersection Steve would ask which way he should turn.  We did this for quite awhile... not sure how long... turning this way and that all the way back home.  I mean eventually we got to something we recognized I'm sure.  When I was younger the friend's house seemed so far away but in reality it's close to where I work now... so I'm sure we were never really lost, but at the time it was a fun adventure in the car.

1 comment:

dsdddwddgdd said...

he sure did enjoy having fun with you kids! i always think of those treat bags and signs he made for every holiday