Tuesday, July 7, 2009

That's right... I have opinions

I promise that I'll get to my post about our weekend in Virginia... I want to post the (very few uneventful) pictures I took and I have to do that when I get home.

So in the mean time... here's another post I've been meaning to write.

Chad and I are not ready to have kids... it's going to be awhile before we are ready to even think about having kids... so in no way is this post relavent to us quite yet.

I am a firm believer in waiting until the baby is born to find out the sex. I become increasingly annoyed when I hear that people can't wait to find out the sex of their baby. Sure... it might make it easier to decorate the room... or buy clothes... but for real I'm not going to find out.

There aren't many big surprises left in life... I think this should be one of them... true... seeing the baby in general is a surprise but I really think that hearing 'it's a boy' or 'it's a girl' will be a really fun moment.

Going along with this is I don't really like when people have the name of the baby picked out... It seems somewhat different (don't ask me or make me explain how) when you don't know if it's a girl or boy... so you have Allison Marie for a girl and George William for a boy picked out. That seems better... than knowing it's a girl and naming it Susie Q... just seems strange and I do not like it.

I know a lot of people like doing this... I just am not one of them... a bit of a traditionalist... or something (that's what I'm calling it at least) I know it might be different when I'm pregnant and can find out... but for right now that is my plan-dizzle.

No comments: