Monday, July 20, 2009

ICUP

(okay... that was a lame title, but whatever!!)

I've had this project in mind for probably close to a year now. The bathroom needed something for the walls, and I just wasn't sure what I wanted.

My mom has this awesome picture in the bathroom in the basement... it's an astronaut peeing on the moon... so cool...

Anyway... I needed something for our bathroom. The bathroom was the first room we painted when we moved into the house. We painted it a bright green. I love the brightness of the room. So one day (close to a year ago) that I should paint some very simplistic pictures of toilets. And frame them.

A few weeks ago I was out shopping with my mom and picked up some box frames. These are really cheap frames, but give a nice look... IMO.

I grabbed some stock paper today and started painting away tonight... I hated nearly everything I painted, but ended up having a few to select from (I should have taken a picture of that... oops)

I put the pictures into the frames, nailed a nail in the wall, and viola... cheap wall decorations for the room... onto the pictures

Here's a quick picture of the bathroom
Here's the two pictures I ended up picking.
And on the walls...


I'm happy with how easy-peesey it was... plus if I end up deciding I don't like the pictures that are currently framed, it's easy enough to like take them off the walls and put in new pictures. I'm no artist I know, but I think it adds just what I was hoping to add.

No comments: