Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Elephant Rocks

Last Sunday Chad and I took a day trip to Elephant Rocks State Park. Neither of us had been in forever... and I really wanted to do something different over the weekend. So we packed up the cooler and headed down south. The drive out there was nice, and we went on a pretty nice day... it wasn't hotter than balls which is always nice. We climbed around on the rocks... well Chad did more climbing than I did... but we both had a great time. There was plenty of energetic kids running around, which only reminded me how much fun it was being a kid... It was really nice to take a day trip.

Onto the pictures (and FYI with how blogger loads pictures it's backwards so the pictures earlier in the day are on bottom, since these pictures really don't tell a story line I didn't bother switching them around)

I like this picture of me and Chad... other than my arm is cut off...
I thought this picture looked really good
Chad on his favorite rock in the park.
Looking up through the rocks
Chad wouldn't do any silly poses... but this picture is kinda cool with the sunlight
Me looking out over the quarry... Oh... here's a story from the day... Chad and I watch this show on Animal Planet called Whale Wars... in a nutshell it's these crazy people floating (Sea Shepherds) around the Antarctic battling Japanese whalers... the problem is they don't really have authority... it's a crazy show, but anyway they the Sea Shepherds throw bottles of smelly crap onto the Japanese whaler boats, and Chad totally proved at the park he could be a bottle tosser... I guess this is an inside joke between us, but if you've seen the show you know what I'm talking about.
Here's the cliche Elephant Rocks pose... Chad wouldn't do it for me
Chad climbing...
kissy
That girl behind us kinda ruined the picture... Chad thinks he could photoshop her out... we'll see about that one.
Classic picture of Chad

No comments: