Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Get Real People!!

Here's another thing I'm not sure I've blogged about... I one point in my life I was a Park Guide at the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial... and in layman's terms... I was a park ranger chick at the Gateway Arch.

I did this for two summers in college... it was a pretty amazing job, and I could dazzle you with some great stories... but I'll save those stories for another post.

My point in telling you this information is to one, admit that I know way too many facts about the Arch and two to tell you that in my job duties were to work a post at the top of the Arch. Meaning I've been up there a lot of times.

A lot of people will claim to feel the Arch swaying... I've had loads of people say this to me directly when I was up there... and I've heard that story loads of time since.

Now, this is not me trying to discount anyone's experience of what they may or may not felt. But I'll tell you this much, most ALL of the people who have told me directly at the top that the Arch was swaying was making it up (probably unconsciously) the Arch was NOT swaying, they were merely thinking it should or something.

I have been up there when you can feel it... I remember the worse time... it was totally weird and cool... it was like being drunk, not being able to walk a straight line... It's totally crazy.

Either way... whenever I hear one of these stories (last time was when I was on my Denver trip from one of the annoying people I traveled with.) and I totally discounted his story, and I don't think he liked it one bit... oh well... I had to say it.

No comments: