Wednesday, July 1, 2009

hot hot hot

I wanted to write about last weekend... it was a lot of fun, and Chad and I actually did a lot of things.

Friday
Chad's younger brother was in town with his girlfriend... so we threw a party in their honor. It was a good group of people, not a ton, but the right amount. It was a lot of fun to be able to chill with friend, plus Chad downloaded some MJ so I got to do some dancing :) I didn't want to be hungover on Saturday so I made a rule at the beginning of the night to only drink 2 red bull and cherry vodkas and I stuck to it... GO ME!!

Saturday
Chad and I have had plans for awhile to go to a winery with Carrie. Saturday was the day... of course it was like the hottest day ever!! It was good company... I actually didn't drink a lot of wine... like not even a glass, but I'm excited about going back in the fall. Plus there was a really cool blues band playing. They also had an adorable gazebo on the water and we were able to feed the fish... there was a couple of huge cat fishes. We fed the fish nearly the entire box of of crackers on them, but it was FUN!! Not to be gross but we did sweat... a lot!! It was gross, but putting my deodorant in places that deodorant doesn't normally go helped... I still think I sweated at least a pound off. Since we were worn out from being out in the heat all day (it is tiring I swear!!) we spent Saturday night at home.

Sunday
Ryan (Chad's brother) guilted (kinda) into going to the zoo with them. It wasn't as hot as Saturday, but it was more direct sun, and I'm really trying to avoid getting a sunburn this year... I guess a lot of other people were happy with the break in the heat b/c it was crowded!! I get really annoyed by crowds of people... they are annoying and I guess I'm just Ms. Grumpy.... but whatever people stopping right in front of you... or walking right in front of you... or just being freaking annoying... either way since it was so hot the animals were swimming around a lot more than you normally get to see which was pretty neat.

This weekend we spent a lot of time outside... I hate the heat and it turns out I did survive :)

No comments: