Wednesday, July 22, 2009

health care

I'm listening to the president's press conference on reforming the health care system.

I don't really know what the best plan is for reforming the health care system... and that's not what I'm going to say in the blog entry.

Just a couple of things came to mind while President Obama was talking...

(1) Pre-existing conditions... all I can say is thank the lord that my government insurance covers pre-existing conditions... one of the first thoughts that ran through my mind after they discovered Chad's brain tumor was oh crap... now it's a pre-existing condition... and then it would have been soo much freaking money... which brings me to point number 2

(2) Chad's surgery alone was in the neighborhood of $50,000... and that's not including the other stuff* I just cannot possibly imagine not having insurance to help cover these costs... We are lucky

*one of my BIGGEST peeves about medical bills is their confusing nature... we get so many different bills all for Chad's surgery and stay at the hospital... I mean we thought we got them all and then a straggler comes in... they are all coming from the same hospital... would it be so hard to be able to put them all on one bill? Talk about confusing!!

Anyway... hopefully we get some type of reform... and hopefully it helps... that's all for now.

No comments: