Sunday, July 26, 2009

Zucchini Bread

About a couple of weeks ago my good friend Liz came over to visit. When she came she brought us a cucumber and a zucchini from her (or maybe her mom's garden.) We don't normally eat cucumbers or zucchini but when I saw that big beautiful zucchini one thought popped into my head... zucchini bread!! I haven't had that stuff in forever, and what a perfect opportunity to try out a new recipe.

So I googled zucchini bread and came across this recipe. I had all the ingredients except baking soda... so I picked that up from the store and borrowed bread pans from my mom (thanks mom!!) and got to baking.

Mixed all the dry ingredients together... the flour, salt, baking powder and soda, and cinnamon together
And I beat all the wet ingredients together... eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla
Then I mixed the two together...

Meanwhile Chad helped me grate the zucchini and measured out the right amount ~ speaking of, I read that you shouldn't drain your zucchini b/c it adds moisture to the bread.
Then I (by I, I mean Chad) mixed in the grated zucchini and some walnuts

Chad also helped me pour batter in pans... he's always much better at doing that than I am.
I baked for about 60 minutes...

It's delicious bread... mmm... very tasty... Chad says he's never had zucchini bread before... I think he wasn't sure what to expect... but he ended up liking it a lot.

I'm very happy with how it turned out... this recipe is a keeper.

No comments: