Monday, November 3, 2008

Fall Back

How was your weekend? Mine was wonderful... it was just a casual, productive weekend... I think I'm finally starting to remember what weekends feel like (planning that wedding made me go into planning mode every weekend)

Anyway... So Friday was Halloween... Wasn't it just the most perfect Halloween? A Friday night with some of the best Halloween weather we've had in awhile... oh to be a Trick or Treater again!! Chad and I decided to pass out candy... we realized we had a lot of candy stocked up and there was no way we were going to eat it. We got all of it together after work... Then we settled in for a low-key night. When the kids came to the door Chad gave them huge handfulls of candy which just made them excited... it was fun to bring joy to some kids... While all of this was going on Chad played video games and even shared the TV screen with the Live Ghost Hunters investigation... I love Ghost Hunters, but 7 hours of investigation was a little much... so not the point though. While all of this was going on I finally finished the thank you cards... they are written, addressed, sealed, and stamped (our custom stamp looks awesome BTW)... Chad still has about 6 to do... but I went ahead and mailed the rest of them today. That's a huge relief!!

Saturday Chad went to work early... I slept in until around 9:30 then I woke up and watched a little TV (The Hills) and then went and got some breakfast. I came back and was just lazy for awhile... I even crawled back into bed for awhile. Then got up took a shower and headed out to shop. I had to shop for Lindsey's sweet 16 present. I wanted to get her a sun catcher (prism) since I've always had one in my car. I went to the mall for this... I couldn't believe it but I didn't get annoyed at the mall once... I mean that's gotta be some sort of record or something!!

After finding the sun catcher on my first attempt I went to Target for the rest of my shopping... while I didn't get annoyed at Target either it was incredibly hot in there. I found a pair of shoes I really wanted but they didn't have my size (go figure huh?) but I guess that's good b/c I stayed on target at Target for what I came for. Go me!!

I headed over to my mom's house to hang out with her before the party started. It's always nice to hang out with my family. My other family showed up so I got a lot of family time, which I love. I got to see my Grandma as well, which was awesome. We all ended up playing Mexican Train Dominoes which was a lot of fun. Alayna (my little cousin and flower girl) even drew me an adorable picture. Saturday night was so so so much fun... I really love playing games with the family... I suggested that we have a family game night more often and everyone agreed... I'm so going to plan another one soon!! Maybe at even at our house.

Sunday Chad and I have reserved for cleaning up the house. We wanted to go room-by-room and get everything nice and cleaned up and such. Sunday was the master bedroom and bathrooms (and to straighten the 2 rooms we did last weekend which were the kitchen and family room) The master bedroom needed a lot of work and it was so awesome to see it all cleaned up. I got all of my jewelry organized and everything hung up in the closet. We even changed out our bedding for the new stuff from the wedding. It was really neat (I even made the bed this morning which is unheard of) I did realize that we should have picked bedding that matched the dark green carpet we have in there, but oh well...

What was great about Sunday is by the time we were finished with everything it was only like 4... Day Light Savings is awesome!!

I'm even entergized today and don't mind being here which is crazy (made the bed and don't mind being at work?!?) I'm in a good mood and you didn't even hear one complaint from me today... well... I guess I better actually do work

Oh one other thing... so am starting on a Christmas list!! Didn't I tell you I'm good?

No comments: