Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Have you missed me?

Well... I realize that I haven't written for quite some time... I have been way busy it has seemed... Last week we had people in from Richmond to train us... it was very exciting but made me super busy...

On Friday night Chad and I went to dinner (at Steak n Shake) and then went to Home Depot so we could pick out some paint samples for the living room... since I really wanted to get moving on that project... Then we came home and worked on updating my resume.

On Saturday we we had agreed to help move my step-mom's sister to her new condo. This was incredibly annoying... I'm not sure what they would have done if Chad wasn't there since he did most of the heavy lifting... I got stuck with her son who was very annoying. He kept talking over me and it was insanely frustrating... I could say a lot more about this whole situation but it's probably better that I keep it to myself... or at least not have it in writing...

After the move my dad took us out to dinner to thank us for helping... we went to Chad's choice of Ozzie's in Westport. It was a very nice and fun dinner. And I always enjoy seeing all of Ozzie Smith's gold gloves. After that we met up with some friends at Hot Shots in Fenton... we always have a good time at Hot Shots and Liz brought up her new boyfriend which I was excited about meeting...

On Sunday we went back to Home Depot b/c Chad wanted to buy lumber for a dog house he wants to make... and I bought a quart of paint to test out on the walls... We choose a color called Cheerful Hue which is a light buttery yellow and it looks great on the wall... we might actually paint the entire room next weekend!! We also went to Ace Hardware where we purchased a new artificial Christmas tree... I can't wait to put it up. It's fun to make those life-long purchases. I also put up lights on the house while it was nice out... we haven't actually turned them on yet, but they are ready to go!!

Overall it was a very productive weekend.

Yesterday we came home and spent a lot of time on my resume...

Tonight we went over to my mom's house for our Thanksgiving tradition of pumpkin cookies. They are these cookies we make every year and we decorate them with faces every year. If I remember I'll try to take pictures on Thanksgiving, they are pretty adorable and a really fun family tradition... but we did miss Keith!!

So I hope you didn't think I'd forgotten about all of yall... I'm just a busy girl!!

No comments: