Friday, November 14, 2008

Jenn's Survivor Recap

Well, well, well... isn't this season becoming interesting?

Before I begin the most excellent recap ever... I just want to mention that Chad made us dinner last night and made some of the most flavorful chicken ever... Good Job Chad!!

Alright... I knew this week would be interesting, just because of how last week ended... (Marcus being voted out)

It was pretty funny to hear Corinne talking about Marcus still being around and how he would never go home and at the end of the day everything is okay b/c Marcus is here (what is it about him that's so intoxicating I wonder) Then... what I had been waiting for since last week... The Reward Challenge... The faces of Charlie and Corinne were priceless... their precious Marcus had been voted out. Jeff obviously called her out on this and she said the Marcus didn't deserve to go home...

Now, here's where I was impressed... Kenny asked her, then who did deserve to go home... Wow... haven't we seen the evolution of Kenny, not just as a Survivor player but as a person. Kenny has been proving himself a contender.

The reward challenge was a sling-shot golf game... which was really a pretty good challenge. It all came down to the last whole and all Fang had to do was basically drop the ball in the hole, Of course loud-mouth Randy once again had to have his say... Matty and Randy argued over how to get the ball 2 inches into the hole... come on, is it really worth the fight?!? What I found funny is Sugar did absolutely nothing in the challenge except follow them around... kinda funny if you ask me.

Fang won the reward which was to visit an African village... it was pretty funny watching all of them dance... and Randy thought an African woman was coming onto him... riiiight.

Fang also got to send someone to Exile. They chose Bob. Bob of course chose to get the clue and look for the HII. I think everyone must underestimate Sugar... b/c I really think they don't think she has that idol... Bob did not find the idol (kinda hard to find the HII when it's already been found...) But Bob made by far the most convincing HII. He really is a very smart guy, tree resin for glue... genius!! Speaking of fake HIIs one of the best lines in any season was last season (Fans vs. Favorites) Poor Jason found Ozzy's incredibly bad fake HII. When he gave it to Eliza to play she took one look at it and said that there's no way it was the HII that it was merely a stick. Jason retorted with "it has a face" And priceless Eliza said "but it's a fucking stick" Great!!

Everyone showed up at the immunity challenge and were informed the merge was happening... right now!! This is always where the show gets more interesting... at least I think so. So they were now fighting for individual immunity. It was a simple challenge (in theory) that they have used numerous times over the years. Build a fire and burn through a rope.

Chad thought that Bob would be first and that Matty would also be good at this challenge. Boy was he wrong. It really amazes me that the only two people who were in contention for immunity were Susie and Sugar. Chad pointed out that Susie was the one doing everything at camp so it really did make sense that she would be good at making a fire. No one else even got flames... just Sugar and Susie... crazy!!

So now it was time to figure out just who to vote out. The sides were split... Corinne, Randy, Charlie, and Bob and Matty, Crystal, Kenny, and Susie. Sugar was the swing vote.

Now here's what's interesting to me... the game that Sugar is playing. I like her... she is adorable. She's smart, but gullible... She rocks out in immunity challenges but most everyone underestimates her. She hasn't 'officially' been part of any alliance. She's playing a game I don't recall ever being played in Survivor history and I'm rooting for her.

I do not like Corinne. Why in the world she thought Sugar was just going to step in line with her after that talk was beyond me... she's a bitch... that's all there is about it (right now) She really think she knows how to play this game and really I don't think she's that great at it...

So back to who to vote out... Randy wanted Crystal gone (surprise surprise) and I guess I thought the other team would want Randy out. But here comes Kenny and somehow convinced them to vote for Charlie (he's the mastermind don't cha know?) When really Kenny wanted revenge for taking the second HII clue and giving it to everyone. Basically Kenny thinks Charlie stole the idol from him... Well Kenny how did you expect to go dig in the sand and have no one notice?

So it's all on Sugar... who is she going to vote for... I was dying!!

Tribal was interesting as always. Crystal point blank called out Randy and asked what did I do to you? Randy claims to have a list of problems and Crystal was like tell me them... and Randy lists one... that her and GC were walking around with their gang and being arrogant.

Randy is a jerk... and I'm pretty positive he's a big ol racist... I mean he seemed to (from the BEGINNING) have a problem with GC and Crystal. He keeps calling Crystal all sorts of names (Big Foot, T-Rex)... to me it's pretty clear he's racist and that makes me like him even less (if that's possible) and quite frankly his dirty shirt is really starting to bother me.

The rest of tribal really wasn't worth talking about... let's get to the vote... So we have the vote... who is it going to be?!?

Of course A-hole Randy writes down CC meaning Crystal and Jeff has to ask for clarification... I'm not sure I've seen that before... Jeff reads 4 Crystal votes in a row... The pulls out a Charlie... and suddenly Charlie knows he's not safe (I don't think in a million years he expected his name to be written down) Then comes 3 more Charlie votes... Charlie 4 Crystal 4 one vote left (we know it's Sugar's) and the person voted out... Charlie... OMG... ANOTHER BLINDSIDE 3 weeks in a row... this season is crazy!!

Charlie is flabbergasted but not mad, I mean he does get to go hang out with his crush Marcus... next week should be interesting!!

No comments: