Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where were you?

It's been 10 whole years since 9/11/01 happened.  10 years.

It's an event that changed the nation and our lives.

I was a senior in high school and in Mr. Ander's Film and Lit class.  I don't remember what movie we were actually watching.  They came over the PA system and told us about the attack.  I think I remember thinking why are they telling us about this, it was obviously just an accident.

It wasn't until the next class (don't remember what it was) that we actually turned on the TV and saw what was happening.  From that moment on we watched TV in every class.  We did actually have a senior meeting during the day too.

That was quite a day... it was like you couldn't watch enough coverage.  That night I was hoping my work would close... I worked at the library.  But they didn't and I went to work.  I remember it not being a super busy night.

What a day that I will probably never ever forget.

1 comment:

BarbK said...

We were in the midst of moving from our Oak Park house. A friend called and told us what was happening. We still had one TV in the house so we put it on the kitchen counter and watched while we packed.