Friday, February 11, 2011

ZZZZZZZZ

I love my sleep... I enjoy naps and going to be early some nights. I enjoy sleeping in and hitting the snooze button one more time. I know that everyone sleeps differently. Some are belly sleepers and some are back sleepers. Some want full coverage and others just want a sheet.

So how does sleep work for me? Well, I'm glad you asked.

I am a pretty restless sleeper. It's something Chad just had to get use to. I toss and turn the entire night - especially when I'm trying to fall asleep. I get into this mindset that if I roll onto my other side I will definately be more comfortable. Of course after that thought crosses my mind I just HAVE to roll onto the other side to be more comfortable otherwise I will continue to think about it until I do.

I typically sleep with 2 pillows on my side... but they aren't stacked on top of each other, I use one for my head and make an L shape with the other one. It's kind of a huggy pillow but I also use it for my head. When I change sides, the pillow changes with me... I'm sure this annoys Chad at times when he's laying on that pillow and I move it from under him.

I never use to sleep on my back... but then I broke my leg. I had no choice but to sleep on my back with my leg propped up. Since then I have been able to get quite comfortable sleeping on my back. Mostly I'm on my side or my stomach.

Did I mention I am a restless sleeper?? From time to time I experience restless leg syndrome. Thankfully, I don't get it as bad or as often as some people. But when I do experience it, it's awful. It's really hard to get comfortable... the only thing I can do the alleviate the pain is to shake my legs. This of course bothers Chad because I'm shaknig the entire bed... but you gotta do what you gotta do, right?

Speaking of Chad... he's not an angel in bed (that's sounding a little dirty...) I don't need a heater or an electric blanket, because Chad is my own little space heater. He is so hot to sleep next to. He has to be covered up from toes to shoulders... sometimes he's roll over to cuddle with me and he's so hot it's unbearable. I don't like to be hot in bed! We have to have the ceiling fan running (even in the winter) and typically I have a leg or some body part sticking out from under the covers to cool me down.

I'm not sure if this entry was that interesting to anyone... but it's interesting to me that everyone is a different type of sleeper. They enjoy different things... What kind of sleeper are you?

No comments: