Thursday, February 24, 2011

Work Space

I thought that I would share a couple of things that personalizes my work space...
It's kind of tradition around here to collect something for all our work trips. I decided on my first trip to collect magnets... this is by no means I unique decision, I would say most people collect magnets. I also keep my gift magnets (things people may bring back for me) separate from my trips. I like to look at the space and see exactly how many trips I've been on. It's amazing how quickly they have added up. My specfic preference is to have the city listed. When I went to Tampa, I couldn't find a Tampa specific magnet (they all just said Florida) so I bought a Florida one that I could write on... so I would remember. I decided the city thing after I went on my first trip and bought a Colorado magnet instead of Denver. Luckily my mom flew through Denver and picked me up a Denver magnet. I also decided that if I visit the same city more than once I will get another magnet. I like to be able to count how many trips I've been on instead of just how many cities. So here's my magnet collection... they are placed in order of the trips.



In case anyone is interested... the trips (and magnets) are in order as follows: Denver, San Francisco, Baltimore, Las Vegas, San Jose, San Diego, Indianapolis, Tampa (you can see I wrote Tampa around the edge of the sun), New Orleans, San Francisco, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Washington, DC, Salt Lake City, and finally, Miami.

Another special area in my office is my window (that's right, I have a window!!) I have slowly grown my plant collection. I started off with a small jade plant... it has grown so so well, I'm amazed at how big it is getting. The next place I added was a gardenia, however shortly after I got it they turned on the heaters in my building and fried it. I was able to bring it back and kept it alive until this winter when they turned the heaters on again and it did the same thing... I had to say goodbye to it after that... While I still had the gardenia I bought another succulant plant, it's grown like crazy, it's sproating off different 'branches' and getting really tall. The third plant I lucked into is an African Violet. A coworker was down here and asked if anyone wanted one. I said sure, especially since I just got rid of the gardenia and had an open spot. I was surprised how big it was when I got it. He was looking a bit limp, but after some good water and loving he spruced up quite quickly. I need to get him a new pot (and probably the succulant) to be able to grow even bigger. I want this to prove to everyone that I can keep a plant alive!! Just not ones I plant in the yard...... My coworker called it survival of the fittest, and I like that theory. Anyway, here's my plants...


Do you see how rainy it is outside? I get to go into that real soon... yay... not... But don't they look great?? I have to rotate the two outter ones to make sure they grow more straight and not toward the window (which that do)
Thanks for stopping by the office, maybe I'll give you a tour of some other things I have another time!!

No comments: