Saturday, February 5, 2011

Last Weekend

This is a week late, but what I've realized is I really enjoy looking through my year at the end so I'm going to try to post more on the little, fun things I do.

Last Friday I came home at the same time Chad did. Normally this isn't the case, but I had to stop by Target to buy some gifts for people who are having babies and one that already did... not really the point thought. Chad suggested we go out to dinner, and right away suggested Rich and Charlies. I haven't been to Rich and Charlies in a long long time, and haven't been with Chad is that much longer. Chad and I had our very first date at Rich and Charlies so it holds a special place in my heart. We has a wonderful random date night. We had wine and dessert and more wine. I was a little tipsy by the end - but it was so much fun to go out and have a dinner with the hubby.

On Saturday, I spent the day time with my mom and sister, Lindsey. We first ate at South City Diner. I absolutely love this place, especially for breakfast. They make the BEST french toast. Seriously, it ruins french toast anywhere else. They deep fry it... so it's crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside... mmm... I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. After eating we headed down the street to Cheap Trix to get Lindsey's tongue re-pierced. She had to take out her piercing due to surgery so she was finally able to get it put back in. Next, we headed to the mall to get her a dress for her Valentine's Day Dance. It was so much fun picking her out dresses and seeing her try them on. It brought back memories of when I tried on dresses for dances. It was super crowded in the store, so that kinda stunk... but I really enjoyed spending time with both of them.

Saturday night we celebrated my friend Jen's birthday by going to a drag show at Novaks. You may remember when we went to the drag show for Carrie's birthday. We had SO MUCH FUN again. The drag show was amazing and we got to dance afterward. The dance floor filled up so quickly. If you look at the pictures from last time there we had the dance floor pretty much to ourselves, but this time - holy cow it was packed full. Like hard to move around full. Like I felt like I everywhere I was standing was in the way full... but fun at the same time. Well, check out some of these pictures. BTW I'm wearing a hat because it was free cover for those wearing a hat so I bought that awesome hat at Target on clearance... holla!!

Here we are taking the birthday shot

Here is the lovely Erica and me
Mark was the only guy in our group - since we were so close to the stage he got picked on by the drag queens...
A lot...
And it's so unfortunate that drag queens have better bodies that me... what's up with that?!?
All-in-all I absolutely love drag shows and if you've never been before you need to change that ASAP!! Sunday nothing happened... but even so it was amazing weekend!!

No comments: