Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A few anniversaries

February is a big time around our house, even if Chad wasn't having brain surgery...

Two years ago I started my job at the VA. This is even a bigger anniversary than normal since my first two years I was in a probationary period of sorts... meaning they could really fire me at any point in time or really any reason. After two years I become a full time employee and it will take an "act of congress" to get rid of me... or at least that's what we joke. I'm just happy to still be happy at a place after two years. This is a place I could be happy for the rest of my working life.

Four years ago we moved into this house. I cannot believe we've been living here for four full years. It's amazing. Chad and I were only dating for roughly six months when we moved into this house together. Chad purchased the house, but he involved me in a the process... of course if our relationship had gone south I would have been moving out, luckily for both of us everything has worked out perfectly. It's pretty amazing to me that we've been here for four years and we're only now redecorating the place... taken us long enough to make decisions!! But I'm sure we have many many more years in this place.

Also, two years ago Rowdy joined our family. He's made such an impact on ours lives. While we're celebrating time in the family, we adopted Stitch 4 years ago (right before we moved into the house.) Pretty Kitty and I have been together for 6 years... I have a really hard time believing that one!! And if anyone is wondering we adopted Bozley in April and we'll have her for 3 years in April.

Here's Rowdy
Here's Stitch when she was a kitten and the only time you'll ever see Pretty Kitty looking big
And for fun, here's a Bozley picture...

No comments: