Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday

This past weekend was one of the greatest food days of the year... Super Bowl Sunday. Since we've moved into this house (almost 4 years ago - can you believe it??) we've had a Super Bowl party. So this would be the 3rd one. We have a good sized TV (42 inches) and a pretty sweet sectional couch so it really makes our house perfect for a smaller party.

We had 10 people total, including Chad and I. It was mostly paired off in couples - Sam and his fiancee Meg, Patrick and his girlfriend Kara, and finally Ryan and Kyle - brothers. We made everyone bring something to share... I mean it's Super Bowl Sunday, you gotta have a good selection of food.

So what was included in our spread?? Well Sam brought wings, Meg brought Rotel dip (I love love love Rotel dip), Patrick brought hummus with pitas from the place he works, Kara made some sort of dried meat dip thing, Kyle brought veggies and dip and Ryan brought corn bread and cookies.

Chad and I provided our award winning chili (seriously our chili is the best... the BEST... I wish I could share the recipe but it's our little secret... Chad and I both contributed to the recipe... and we tweak it every time... but it's delicious.

We also made Buffalo Chicken Dip. That stuff is soo addictive and yummy. It kinda looks like cat puke, but it taste amazing... and it's super easy. The first time I ever made the stuff I thought it was weird to use canned chicken... heck I didn't even know canned chicken existed. I was honestly pretty creeped out by it... like Spam or something. But it works wonderfully and doesn't taste any differently than fresh chicken breasts (we've tried). So why waste the effort of fresh when canned will do??

And finally I made Monkey Bread for the first time ever. It turned out SO good and everyone was excited and happy I made it. I wasn't sure if people would be interested but they were all really excited and started picking at it as soon as it came out of the oven. It was easy and fun to make and I think I'll make it again - maybe for work sometime. The best part is all I needed from the store was butter and biscuits. Since I used store brand biscuits they were only 42 cents per tube... how awesome is that??

Yeah, I should have taken pictures of our spread... that should go along with my new years resolution of taking more pictures... still need to work on that - I'm not happy with my current camera... I need a new one (or two... ideally I would get a DSLR and a new point-and-shoot)

Oh... I didn't talk about the game... the game was great... a good exciting game. The commercials were funny and it was just a fun time with friends. I love Super Bowl Sunday - I'm already looking forward to next year!!

No comments: