Friday, May 27, 2011

It's almost been a week

I don't know about you guys, but I am ACHING for the weekend. I've been staring at Memorial Day Weekend on the calendar for at least a month now... I can't wait for the mini-vacation from work it provides. As you probably know, my schedule at work provides me with a day off every other week. In a two week pay period I work eight 9 hour days, one 8 hour day, and have a day off. It's seriously one of the best schedules EVER! I take every other Monday off work as my AWS (off) day. Most people here take a Friday, but since I started I've taken Mondays. It originally had something to do with Chad's work schedule, but since then I've decided it's way better than taking a Friday off. No one seems to agree... but when you're at work on Fridays it's a low-key day... end of the week, a lot of people are gone and long lunches always seem to happen. Monday... Monday is a real work day... everyone is here... so honestly... Monday feels like a real day off, where it's easy to be here on a Friday. Plus, Sunday night is the worst, and when you have Monday off every other week it makes life so much easier. Trust me... Monday off is WAAAAAAAY better.

That is soo not the point of this post... the point of this post is to give a new job update. As you may remember from this post... I recently got a promotion at work. Yes, that last post wasn't the most positive one, it was actually quite stressful. But atlas, here I am in my new position. I've been here for almost a week... and so far so good.

It's weird coming into the same work place and not really knowing how my day is going to flow. It's like going from being the expert to knowing very very little. It kind of sucks, I really like being the go-to person - so it will be awhile before I'm an expert. It took a long time to become an expert in my old position, but still, I could work on auto pilot over there... and here I'm on pins wondering if I'm doing things correctly.

It's hard to tell people who are not familiar with my work or organization what exactly I do, but basically I'm a travel clerk now. I approve travel, book it for some, and do travel related things. I think a lot of my day is going to be cutstomer service. I'm already realizing it's not going to be the face-paced situation I was in with my old position... which probably means I'm going to be bored... but we'll see when I get into the thick of it... I'm a fast worker, so we'll see how that ends up jiving.

I'll knock it out either way... that much I know!

Happy Memorial Day weekend ya'll... I'm counting the minutes until I get to leave... 3 hours 25 minutes and counting!

No comments: