Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Art Class, Mother's Day Version

For Mother's day this year we decided to attend another Art Class at South Broadway Art Project. I seriously cannot say enough good things about this place. My mom and I have been talking about how much fun it would be to have Lindsey and Keith there... so I gathered the troops for a Mother's Day celebration.

We started off the night by having dinner... we were going to go to 3 Monkeys but they had a wait so we ended up at Tin Can instead. It was a nice dinner... what I love about Tin Can is they have a grilled cheese and tomato bisque plate which is like my favorite meal ever!

Then we headed over to the studio. Tonight's class was Funky Spring Trees. It was a painting class. While I'm not sure how much fun Keith and Lindsey had, it at least appeared like they had fun. Here we are hard at work...
And here we are with our final products. I think we all did a wonderful job!! I seriously love this place. The teacher (Sarah I believe is her name) is really helpful and just kind of lets you do your own thing. The classes are only $25 a piece and I'm serious are totally worth it. If anyone ever wants to take one let me know and I'll go with you. We can even get dinner beforehand... it could be a nice night out :) Oh yeah... the final products...
And while we were these I picked up my pot... here's a picture of it. I'm happy with how it turned out. Sadly we think someone accidentally took mom's platter :( but Sarah hopefully knows the person that may have taken it... so hopefully she gets it back!
We finished the evening by heading to Ted Drewes. It was a yummy way to finish an already wonderful evening! I hope mom, Keith and Lindsey also had a good time... b/c I sure know I did!! Happy Mother's Day mom!!!

No comments: