Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Winery "trip"

For the last couple of years we've been making a yearly trip to the winery - Villa Antonio Winery. Here's where I blogged about the trip two years ago... I guess I didn't write an entry last year. Either way... it's been a yearly thing since 2009.

As I remembered from that blog entry, two years ago is was SO SO hot... we went in late June and it was pretty miserable. Last year we went in May... and this year we planned for April 30th. I was hoping for some pretty perfect weather, sitting outside, chatting, snacking and most importantly - drinking wine!!

St. Louis has been under nearly constant (okay, probably not constant, but man, it sure feels that way) rain/storm/generally craptastic weather. While I don't hate storms, they don't pair well with a winery trip. So we were eye-balling the weather like crazy once April 30th came into the forcast... and guess what? They forcasted rain... go figure.

We held out until Thursday to decide what to do... we didn't have a huge group together. We ended up deciding not to go ot the winery, but I offered to have everyone over at my place. That way if the weather ended up being nice we could still sit outside and if not, well, I had an inside area too.

So we did just that... I had Erica, Carrie, Jen, and Carrie's friend Lauren over. It was the perfect small group. Everyone brought tasty food to snack on, and yummy wine. I broke out my Mikasa wine glasses we got for our wedding. The weather ended up being perfect (figures again) but we got to enjoy it on our patio - and we had the convenience of the bathroom and kitchen close by. So in the end it may have worked out even better than going to the actual winery.

I love relaxed girls day... and I never drink during the day, so that was fun too. I had a great time and I hope the girls did too. We talked about doing a girls trip somewhere and I think that sounds like an amazing idea... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it actually happens.

No comments: