Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Graduation Day



As I stated in the last post I have been very busy!! Two of the nights last week were spent with activities of high school graduation. It's times like these that make you realize how old I'm getting. As I pointed out at these events I graduated high school nearly 10 years ago!!

Last Monday night we went to Lindsey's Senior Awards night. Her councilor at school told her it was very important that she attend. So we started off with dinner at Olive Garden which is so very tasty. I love that place. Then we headed over to the high school.

It's weird being back in the high school I went to so long ago. Some things have changed, but some things never will. I was talking to my mom how this is the last school event she'll go to at Lindbergh... for being a part of that school district since 1989... I bet that feels a little surreal.

Anyway back to the star of the evening... Lindsey ended up getting a scholarship that she applied for!! I believe it was the Don Jones's scholarship. She's probably going to hate me, but here she is with her certificate.
GO LINDSEY!! YOU ROCK!!

On Tuesday night I attended my step-brother Connor's graduation, which funny enough took place in the very place I graduated (Connor doesn't go to the same school as Lindsey). It was interesting to attend a high school graduation... after all it's been 5 years since I went to one (that's when Chad's brother Ryan graduated) It always feels long, especially in the case of Connor's graduation where I only knew him and not any of his friends or past friends (like if I were to attend Lindsey's ceremony.)

But it's always a good feeling around high school graduation... your life is just beginning and it's an exciting exciting time. I am also excited because Connor has decide to follow in my and Keith's footsteps by attending Truman State! Lindsey is staying in St. Louis and attending UMSL. I'm happy for both of them, they have both turned into such great, interesting people. I'm so happy they are both part of my family.

The best of luck to both of you, Lindsey and Connor!!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

you had to pick the ugliest picture of me

Christina said...

Whatevs, Lindsay! You aren't ugly! I am so proud that you got a scholarship! Congrats to both Connor and Lindsay for getting into college! It will truly be the best time of your life. Enjoy every second of it!