Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New Month

Yesterday was the first of the month... I always like the first of the month around these parts. I get a sense of joy to change the month on the calendar and look at what's upcoming.

At work I have four calendars. That's right folks... four different calendars that I use for different purposes. Some might call me crazy... but I actually look at all of them. These four calendars does NOT include my Outlook calendar that I use very regularly as well. I have a monthly calendar that I got free from the humane society, I have a yearly calendar so I can see any dates in 2011. I have a 3 month government calendar that I track programs, days off, travel, etc. And finally, I have a small calendar that I keep track of tentative program dates (since things aren't set in stone quite yet).

What I look forward to on the first of the month is changing my calendars over. Marking my days off for the next month and upcoming programs... it's fun. I'm not sure why I find it fun, but it's a whole new month ahead... starting fresh. I'm not sure why I like it. But it's always something I'm excited to do. So much so when I get to the end of the month I always think about 'cheating' and filling in the next month early. But I try to resist that urge... it's like a 'gift' each month... something to look forward to... as silly as that may sound.

No comments: