Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Happier Birthday Post

That last post was quite the downer wasn't it?? I really think a lot of things were bubbling inside me and Sunday they just came to a head... and sometimes the best therapy for me is writing it out and getting it off my chest. I will say it helped. And thank you for the sweet comments... they made me smile. (Christina we should get together sometime, maybe after your wedding so you aren't as stressed) On Saturday before the party I had a wonderful day with my family. My mom, grandma, aunt Ruth, and sister Lindsey went to lunch and shopping. It was so much fun, just as it was last year. Everyone tried on things and I think everyone came home with something. I came home with three new dresses (thanks to my grandma and sister) and an adorable top (thanks Ruth!!). I also came home with a haircut thanks to Ruth as well. So I'm going to show you pictures, but they are of horrible quality taken from my iphone - just trust that the dresses are so adorably fabulous. First up is the top - how cute is this? Here's a closer look at the pattern And the back (check out my eyebrow in the below pic... Chad helped clean them up and did a wonderful job!!) This is the dress my sister got me A close up of the straps And the back, I love the little peep hole The next two my grandma got me... the pink one is soo pretty, I don't think this picture does it justice - I'm wearing it today! And a close up of the fabric And finally this was my grandma's favorite dress Here's a closer up... you can see my haircut It was such a fun day, I love spending time with those ladies... and I'm really happy my sister came along!! I found a dress for her too!! On Sunday Chad and I went to my dad's house for dinner. We had Pei Wei... it was super yummy. Dad and family got me a gift card to Kohls, I will hopefully be able to find a couple of pairs of jeans that fit well. Keith also got me a picture that I blogged about awhile ago. I'm excited about getting it. I'll need to frame it and find a really good place to hang it in the house. I'm going to have at least one more birthday post... so stay tuned, and I promise it will be a happy one too!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I LOVE the dress that your sister bought you! I want one!

And I like the short hair cut! I think that length flatters you!