Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Coffee Table Woes

I've been on the topic of shopping a lot lately huh?

We need a new coffee table... I absolutely HATE our current coffee table. For one, it's got a huge discoloration in the center, and then it's got burn marks where someone knocked the carcoal off the hooka at one of parties. And one of the legs is about to fall off. This coffee table came back with Chad from Cuba. It was never a desirable table, but we used it until we were able to afford something we liked better. Awhile ago we replaced the couches and the entertainment center and the area rug. The coffee table is next and I am SO READY to see it go.

The problem is we cannot find something we want. Sure there are plenty of tables that would work, but the perfect table? It doesn't seem to exist. I don't think we're asking for anything too crazy. Here's what our ideal table would look like. It would be a fairly large table, I mean we have the space for it. The one I'm eyeballing (I'll show you soon) is 20" by 20". We do NOT want any glass. We want it to be dark work. Ideally it would have a shelf underneath and would have a drawer. We'd also like it to be on the taller side for a coffee table. I mean, that's not unreasonable right??

Here's the one from CSN Stores we've had our eye on:


See the dark wood finish, the drawers, the bottom shelf, the square? Swoon... the problem with this one is it's $460!!!! That just seems a little steep, no?

This past weekend Chad and I took to the streets of St. Louis and tried to find something else we liked. We ended up looking at Ashley, Weekends Only, SleepLand, and American. There are PLENTY of other stores we need to check out... but the sad fact remains... I don't think the ideal coffee table is out there in our price range. We did see a few at Ashley that would work very well, we may go back. There are plenty of other stores we should look at too... so the hunt isn't over yet, but I am sooo sooo ready to have that thing in my house and that fuglly table gone... banished to the basement.

After we find the coffee table we'll still need to find end tables which will be a whole other ordeal. We don't have much space to work with at the end of each of the ends of the couches... but those don't bother me nearly as much as that coffee table.

So here's to hoping that we find a table to we both love, that's dark woodand big with a shelf and drawer, and tall that's in our price range.... please and thank you.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Drew and I ended up going with an ottoman that is divided into four, and you can flip over the cushions to make trays. I think it ended up costing us about $500, but I love it because I can use it on the cushion side to prop my feet up (or sit on) and I can flip it over to put my drink on.

http://www.csnstores.com/asp/superbrowse.asp?clid=310&caid=&sku=NFN1178&refid=FR49-NFN1178

And now I am mad because we bought it at Ashley for about $500 and you can get it through that website for about half the price!