Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Another Year

Sunday is a special day for me. On Sunday I turn 27. I can NOT believe I'm finally turning 27. For some reason age 27 has always stuck out in my mind as something special. Mostly because it's my golden birthday. What's a golden birthday some people ask? A golden birthday is when you turn the same age as the day of month you were born on. So I am turning 27 on the 27th. I'm pretty sure that's why I've always looked at 27 as being something special.

But there's something weird about this birthday... for the last few months in my mind I've been 27. Had you asked me how old I was today, there's a decent chance I would say 27 without even thinking. Isn't that strange? People at my age tend to want to be younger, yet I am already making myself older?? What is wrong with me?

I think there's a reason I already feel like I'm 27. Chad and I have pretty much decided we around going to wait until we're 30 before trying to have kids (wow, that feels weird to say on here for some reason...) I'm ready to have to be at that point so I think since I turned 26 and a half I've pretty much considered myself 27 so instead of being 4 years away from having kids we are only 3 years away... is that silly or what?!?

In all reality, I can't believe I'm actually turning 27... I feel like I'm getting so old. This is a weird age, it's like in the middle of your upper 20's. The next 'milestone' is 30. It's strange, I'm starting to have friends that are in their 30's. I'm starting to consider people in their lower 30's 'my age.' That's going to be me in 3 short years. Can you believe it? I know I can't!

No comments: