Thursday, March 3, 2011

Is it Spring for real?

I have been working for the government for two years now. What you may not know is my mom also works at this same location... not in the same building but we are at the same location. This allows us to go to lunch together often as well as see each other much more often.

This post isn't really about that though...

For as long as I've been on this Earth my mom has been working at this location... so it was actually pretty cool coming to work here myself. This post really isn't about that either...

One of the cool things about this location is the amount of wildlife we have around here... ok, there's isn't THAT much, but more than a normal place. Mostly we see deer and groundhogs. And that's what this post is about... groundhogs.

The groundhogs here are huge... like really big... like I didn't know groundhogs got that big big. And they are all over the place. In the summer time you can count several basking in the sun. I remember as a kid it was so much fun to come to mom's work and see groundhogs (and visit her of course). I really haven't seen groundhogs anywhere else but here. They are so cute and funny looking.

Well, yesterday I saw my first groundhog of the season. It was such a nice afternoon yesterday (and oh-em-gee a beautiful afternoon today)... and seeing that groundhog made me wonder... is it really springtime? Are we finally done with this gosh-awful winter?? All the ice and snow and wind and sleet and freezing rain and snow-magedon and cold is done and past? Could it really be??

I sure hope so, I'm really to bounce into spring and get this thing going!!

No comments: