Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekend Rant or The One Where I Sound a Bit Crazy...

Before I get into all the ranting and raving I just want to say that I had a great time and just like my birthday rant I plan on writing a happier entry at a later date... but let's face it the negatives are probably a way more interesting read. I'm going to write part of this in a bulleted list, I'm not sure it will all make sense to everyone, but hey let's see how this goes...
  • Inviting spouses to the rehearsal dinner is the right thing to do... not letting them sit next to their spouse is not the right thing to do... what was the point of me going??
  • Going along with that not letting me say a word to my husband at the ceremony is just not cool either.
  • Putting the two year old flower girl in a spaghetti strap dress is not right, why people insist on putting flower girls in general in spaghetti strap dresses just doesn't look right, thick straps are the way to go... let little girls look like little girls.
  • Sitting a date of someone in the bridal party in a sea of people she doesn't know also makes her feel unwelcome... quit telling me the bride loves me and wants me to feel included when she sits me with a bunch of people I don't know
  • Putting group dance songs on the do not play list is dumb... people ENJOY dancing to this music... weddings are the time to do it... you come off as looking dumb.
  • "Team Awesome" is just stupid at this point... grow up you losers
  • Proposing to your girlfriend two days before a wedding is not thoughtful, especially when you're the best man... wait 3 days...
Okay... here's where I'm going to transition into another full on rant that I've been feeling for quite awhile now. It kind of goes along with the last point above. Sometimes I wish I had enough gusto to tell these things to their face... under the right situation I really would but that situation just hasn't presented itself.

Chad has a friend, P, he was the best man at our wedding and also was the best man at the wedding this past weekend. P really messed up being the best man for Chad... he didn't plan the bachelor party (another groomsman ended up doing it) and he obviously gave .5 seconds thought to this speech and as bride and groom it was highly disappointing. Chad really ended up giving him the benefit of the doubt for our wedding claiming this was P's first wedding so he didn't really understand what he needed to do.

Flash forward to this wedding Chad thought this time around P should know what he's doing, understand planning the bachelor party is important and giving a good toast is important too. Well, P totally f-ed it up. Like completely... worse than he did with our wedding... and a lot of that has to do with his girlfriend, K.

P has not been a very good friend since he starting dating K. For instance, as you might recall Chad had brain surgery earlier this year. P didn't even call or text to see how he was doing. This is after I practically begged him to come to visit Chad in the hospital. If the roles were reversed and his friend had brain surgery and I knew Chad hadn't checked in you best be believing I would be on Chad to like white on rice to call and get an update. That's K's job, she is to blame too.

K just comes off as really fake... I don't like her and I have never really liked her. And I've heard recently that she's been talking sh!t behind our backs...that's not cool and neither are you.

But back to P... he failed at planning the bachelor party for this wedding, Chad ended up doing most of the planning... he also failed at giving a good toast at the reception, however I will say it was slightly better than the one he gave at our wedding. Those are the big things, however there are other things as well. For instance, the bachelor party was a weekend long celebration (Friday night to Sunday morning) P (remember this is the best man) didn't show up to the bachelor party until Saturday at 2, and left super early on Sunday morning... wasn't even there 24 hours... what was his excuse? He had to work... dude... Chad took off all weekend for this... and he has what you'd call a real job. He also wanted to pack it in and call it a night around midnight on Saturday... the groom was not ready to go.

Also, he didn't spend the night after the rehearsal (night before the wedding) with the groom as all the other groomsmen did... or get ready with them before the ceremony. It's like he acted as though this wedding was a huge inconvenience to him. If Chad was totally messing things up like this I would be on his back to be a good friend... obviously K does not care.

All of these are reasons why I don't like K... but let's face it we get a read off people when we first meet them (first impression) sometimes I'm wrong... I have been before, but with her it's only gotten worse... and luckily I am not the only one who thinks that. When you are the only person that dislikes someone you start to wonder if you are crazy, however, we are not alone... everyone doesn't like her and now that they are engaged, it's like what do you do? They are moving away... and we'll probably never talk to them again.... which is kind of sad when you think about how close P and Chad were... however this is what happens in life... friends come and go and sadly this one might be going. I think I've captured most of the things Chad and I have talked about over the last few days... but I might update with more.

Chad and I have had some issues with friends lately... like I haven't talked to my maid of honor in who knows how long, and it's truly sad...

Like the title of this post, I probably sound crazy, mean, and a little bit bitchy... but geez I needed to get all of this off my mind... And since this is my blog I can write whatever I want... and I'm not just hiding behind a computer screen I can say this stuff out loud too. So don't think I'm too crazy, I'll be back later with a happier wedding post sometime this week.

3 comments:

Christina said...

I TOTALLY get it! I am glad that you had to balls to say this aloud, and that you added at the end that you wouldn't be afraid to say these things in person!

I HATE when bridal parties separate people from their significant others. I have been on the shitty end myself, and that is specifically why I allowed everyone to bring "and guest" to the rehearsal dinner, to the party bus, and to the reception. AND they were seated at the head table. Because that is called being considerate.

I did have spaghetti straps on my flower girl dress, though. But I loved the dress! http://www.zettlphoto.com/pickpic3/gallery/image.php?id=187983

But looking at it now, I can see where a thicker strap would look better. :) Because she does look a little awkward/naked with the thin straps.

Don't feel guilty for speaking your mind. I'm glad we could rant to each other on Thursday!

dsdddwddgdd said...

it hurts when people come/go from your life. there's that poem about people being in your life for a reason, or a season, or a lifetime. some are there just to fulfill a need/purpose for a given amount of time. many people hold on to friends for a lifetime. it was about a year after my wedding that my best friend maid of honor no longer was my friend. it hurts, but it is life. you will have strong, good friends and they will be as or more important to you than some of the ones from the younger years. the friend thing has got to work both ways........be a friend to have a friend, isn't that what they say? just be a friend and your life will be rich. as to the others, well, maybe their "reason" is just fulfilled and they will move on and it will be okay that they do. hugs.........

Christina said...

I agree with your mom! It's what I was telling you the other night- the one thing that I have learned over these past few years is that in order to have a friend you have to be a friend.

And you need to move on from the people who aren't a friend to you.