Thursday, June 9, 2011

Two New Purchases



Tuesday was an exciting day... I got two brand new things and I'm so very excited about each of them.

We have some close friends that are getting married in a few short weeks. Chad is actually a groomsmen in the wedding. I decided awhile ago that I wanted to get a new dress for the event. I love a reason to go shopping for something. To be perfectly honest I don't shop for myself nearly as much as I use to, so I can justify buying things sometimes because of that.

I've had this plan to shop for a new dress for the last couple of weeks, but I have NOT had a chance to make it out between lots of stuff going on and school work I've just been way too busy. Finally on Tuesday I hung out with one of my best friends, Carrie. Thankfully she agreed to help me out. I had an idea in mind of a type of dress I wanted, but the style I wanted would probably end up too short on me with my tall body and my big butt.

Luckily I found a great dress at JC Penny and get this, it was 30% off, how can you beat that?? It was so very exciting!! I love a lot of things about this dress, including the color... I'm all for bright colors, if you know one thing about me it's that I'm not scared of color!!

Here's the dress... (not the greatest resolution on that pic huh?... you can go directly to the site to view it here)
I still need to work out the accessories and shoes... right now I'm leaning toward a charcoal or pewter color shoe, but I'm totally up for suggestions. I cannot wait to wear this dress.

My second new item is also a bit of a story... For my sister's graduation I ordered my sister a graduation. Somehow there was a mis-communication about what size ring she wears so the one I originally order wasn't going to fit her. I thought about returning it... I thought about exchanging it... but when it came I fell in love with it, so I'm keeping it. I'm calling it my special gift for getting a promotion.
It's from Etsy seller LarimarAndSilver. It came all the way from the Dominican Republic... I am in LOVE with the ring... it was a bit bigger than my finger but I wrapped some string around the back and now it fits just fine... so in love!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Love the dress! I am definitely thinking some gray/pewter shoes would go well with it! Maybe get a gray pashmina to wrap around it for nighttime!