Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Home Improvements - Hallway Paint

I am finally catching up on posting pictures of some recent home updates we've done. I told you awhile back that I had no camera to take pictures. Shortly after that blog Chad found my old camera. Tonight I finally got around to taking the pictures for this post.

First up - We finally got our hallway painted.

Back for my birthday my mom bought me paint for the hallway - We got that Behr paint with the primer in the color 'A Touch of Lilac' (review below)

As a reminder this is what our hallways looked like before... boring, bland and completely uninteresting... not to mention I hated the chalky feeling they had... gross
.

It's amazing what a little paint can do... check out the difference! I also need to give some major thanks to my sister Lindsey who so graciously spent the Saturday and helped me paint. She really did a great job helping me out... she did 75% of the rolling... and when I did the last 25% I realized what a feat it was to do the first 75%... so GO LINNY!!

I'm envisioning a vase filled with some swirly things on the table with the electronic picture frame we have... or keeping that special box my mom gave us as an engagement present. How beautiful does that mirror look as well... I'm in love.
Chad recently hung that black blanket (or is it a towel?) on the door for some reason. I'm actually really wanting a new front door... I sometimes like the window but mostly I'm not liking it at all... I guess when I'm home alone and someone comes to the door I don't want them to know I'm home...


I'm really happy with the look of yellow and light purple together... it really ties in the rug we have as well.
So what do we think? Nice update?

As for my review on Behr's Paint with Primer... it. is. AMAZING. I was able to paint my entire hallway with less than one gallon of paint... and the absolute BEST part is we only had to do one coat. It covered well, it looks and feels great. I will be buying this paint in the future. It saved so much time and effort and I'm all for less time painting and more importantly less effort :)

2 comments:

Chris said...

Looks BEAUTIFUL!!

Ruth said...

Jenn and Chad - We love the colors and the painted ceilings. Wonderful look!!! Beautiful...