Thursday, October 15, 2009

New Rug

On Saturday I showed Chad a rug I had bookmarked months ago. I was pretty sure he was going to veto it... but to my surprise he didn't!! Since it was on Overstock.com I decided to monitor the price of it since they frequently had sales... to my (second) surprise I checked on Sunday as a whim and it was 15% off. I found a coupon online for $10 off the purchase price and Overstock.com has standard shipping for $2.95 for anything... and I was able to convince Chad to order it.

As a reminder this is what we had before... honestly not my favorite (I was very ready for something else) but it suited it's purpose well.

This is what we ordered.
And here's what it looks like in the room.

Here's a good picture to see the furniture, wall, and rug together
I'm really happy with the rug... I think it adds something to the room and I think it looks awesome with the brown furniture and the yellow walls. I will say that I thought it would be a bit more blue-ish... and it seems kinda pink at times. But I'm liking it. We are also thinking of painting the hallway light purpleish gray so I think it will all flow together well. The things that we have left for this room... coffee table, end tables, maybe a lamp for the chaise, a corner table, curtains, and things for the walls. I feel closer than ever to getting this room put together.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Emily said...

I like the rug...good find!