Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend in Review

Maybe I'll try to post about our weekend every Monday as a weekly blog entry... hmm... something to think about...

On Friday we did something St. Louis-y... we went to Taste of St. Louis. It was a cool, crisp night... made me realize we had finally hit fall which is very exciting!! We brought Michelle with us and met up my brother, Keith and his girlfriend, Sarah there. Chad and I had pulled pork sandwiches from Dickey's BBQ... it was okay... Chad says we got the last bit of meat in the tray so I blame the ok-ness on that... but the sauce was tasty... we also had some Pad Thai from Rearn Thai Restaurant... which wasn't nearly as good as the King and I. The reason we went, though, was to see The Presidents of the United States of America... a band from the 90's... you may know them as the singers of great songs like Lump, and that Peaches song. Chad was really digging it, and they put on a great, energy-filled show!!

I would love to attend this event next year... I really enjoyed being out on a fall night... it was a nice cool not a 'I'm miserable' cold. The sucky thing was I had a horrible headache that I had all dang day long... more on that in the next paragraph.

Saturday we planned to go to the Cardinal's game. My dad offered us some great seats, and I was very excited about going on a fall day... Well sadly I woke up that morning to the same horrible headache... only worse. I got ready and was hoping that it would go away but as we were waiting for our friends to show up I realized that I would not have any fun at the game... So I made the decision to stay home... which made me sad, but probably was the best choice. I took some meds and slept for the entire time Chad was gone pretty much. My headache only got worse over the course of that time.

Now I realize that if you are a loyal reader to this blog you may be freaking due to my post earlier this week about dizziness. Well fear not, the vertigo feelings went away around Thursday and this headache was very clearly a sinus problem. Today (Monday) I'm feeling much better... fingers crossed.

Saturday night Chad and I just laid low around the house... I'm not exactly sure what's in the air around this house but our two dogs were injured as well. Rowdy was hobbling around b/c he hurt one of his legs (is much better) and Bozley didn't want to open one eye which we originally thought was due to her running in front of a ball that Chad was throwing for Rowdy and hit her in the face, but upon further review we think it's an allergy problem (which is also much better). After all of that excitement we watched a movie and headed to bed.

Sunday I woke up feeling much better (yay!) Chad and I went to breakfast and then we went to a movie... Zombieland. This is totally worth seeing!! It was really funny and very entertaining. Chad was so excited about seeing this and it did not disappoint. After the movie we came home and cleaned the bedroom, which was nice to have done.

Now it's Monday and it's my day off... It's been awhile since I've got to enjoy my AWS day. What's really cool is including today I have 3 Mondays in a row off!! AND I don't have to work a full week in November!!

No comments: