Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Why is the room spinning?!?

Something very strange happened to me Saturday night. Chad and I were watching a movie (The Happening - which I wasn't as disappointed with as I thought I might be...) and towards the end of the movie, something very strange happened. I suddenly got VERY dizzy... I was sitting down and I couldn't focus on the TV... I had to lay down... After the movie we went to bed... things were still not normal, but I was hoping a good night's sleep would help that.

When I woke up on Sunday morning, things were still not "normal" I was still feeling unsteady and whenever I would shift my head side-to-side I would get dizzy. We were babysitting Chad's cousin, Josh that day so I just pushed through. I was hoping once I got some Advil and food in my system that I would start to feel better... As we progressed through the day I did start to feel better... not normal but not nearly as dizzy.

Monday felt pretty much the same way... if I moved my head into certain postitions I would get the feeling, but for the most part I was alright... not normal though. Then Monday night we were watching TV again and it came on again... sudden dizziness... this time after the intial wave subsided I tried to walk around and I couldn't really walk straight it was so strange. I went to bed shortly after that...

I woke up this morning with the same feeling as Sunday... just generally not feeling normal. I've done some research on what it could be, and it seems like I may have an inner ear infection... It's strange since I've never had an ear infection before (at least that I can remember)... plus I'm not really feeling pain in my ears.

I'm just all worried now... should I wait and see if things get better... or do I go to a doctor?? I've been debating this all morning... I have started to feel somewhat better, but I'm not feeling normal by any means... so... what do I do?!?

2 comments:

Angie said...

I would def go to the doctor. It might just be an inner ear infection. I'd get it checked out tho, cause I'm a worrier!
Good luck!

Mel said...

I didn't ever have ear infections until the past year or so. They really hurt though so you'd probably notice. You could also try a chiropractor, might be a pinched nerve?