Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Reality TV

This post comes to you from Baltimore. There will be a recap of my trip when I get back and can include pictures.


So since I'm missing my TV (and more so my hubby) at home... I thought I'd write a little post about all the awesome shows I watch in a week... how lucky are you all?!?

Tool Academy 2 - VH1 - Sunday - It's tough to admit, but this show is great. I didn't think that I would watch this season since last season had some of the worst voice-overs EVER, but atlas I am watching it and enjoying it... you get to see guys that think they are the sh*t make complete asses of themself... awesomeness



My Antonio - VH1 - Sunday - Classic VH1 love show... although this one actually involves a great looking guy with the biggest dimples I've ever seen. I wasn't sure if the drama would be there (it's not like it's Bret Michaels making out with every girl in front of them all) but VH1 never disappoints!!


18 Kids and Counting - TLC - Tuesday - The Duggar family is just something that is very captivating... 18 kids... and another on the way... and they run that house so efficiently and the kids are respectful. They are super religious... but very interesting to watch



The Hills - MTV - Tuesday - I hate admitting I watch this show but I do. I'm not sure how this season will be without Lauren, but I'll be watching. There's something about watching fantasy TV that's enjoyable. But you sit there like WTF a lot of the time.



The City - MTV - Tuesday - not sure if I'm going to watch this season. I watched it last season, but didn't enjoy it that much... so we'll see about this fantasy show.



Toddlers and Tiaras - TLC - Wednesday - I don't watch this show every week, but when it's on and I'm not watching anything else I do watch it. The parents (mom's) are crazy... the hair... the makeup... the outfits... I mean seriously they look like little strippers. It's a train wreck you can't help but watch.



Ghost Hunters - SyFy - Wednesday - This is a show I've been watching for several seasons, and it's amazing. Follow real life ghost hunters on their quest to prove if a place is haunted or not. They use scientific means and try to "debunk" whenever possible. Since they debunk when they actually catch something, an video clip or disembodied voice you can "trust" that it's real. They catch some crazy footage that gives you chills to the bone. I completely recommend this show. Plus I love Steve.


RW/RR Challenge The Ruins - MTV - Wednesday - It hasn't started yet, but I'm excited. It's a show Chad and I really enjoy, the right about a drama, sex, and challenges. You know more of the charecters and they have to do some crazy stunts. Plus Kenny, Johannah, and Wes are cast on this show which means one thing... awesome TV.



America's Next Top Model - CW - Wednesday - While I don't usually watch these episodes new, you can catch the reruns which is all you need, plus they are packed into one day... love the show, love seeing the photographs, what a fun show to be on...



Survivor - CBS - Thursday - If you've read my blog before this is our show... oh yes!! We are totally excited about the new season (possibly starting Thursday!!) Everyone show watch this show... the social game is a lot of fun, plus they have to deal with the elements.



Chefs vs. The City - Food Network - Friday - We happened upon this show. Two Food Network chefs challenge two chefs that call the city home. They race around to different challenges, anything from making bread to picking out different kinds of olive oil to eating crazy amounts of food.



Penn and Teller's BullSh!t - Showtime - OnDemand - No new season in session, but this show is really amazing. They have a topic (anything from Taxes to the Vatican to Lawns) and they expose the BS-ness of the topics. It's really a funny show, but makes a lot of good points. If you are very conservative, you may not enjoy too too much, but I think it's awesome.



Now I really show watch more shows that are not reality TV... but honestly, people are freaks... and reality TV is here for a reason!!



I'm going to try to add in a "normal" show or two... there are so many great ones out there, I just don't like feeling "behind"



Well, time for me to go to bed... I'm on East Coast time... I'll be back to the Lou tomorrow :)

No comments: