Thursday, September 17, 2009

Baltimore

Earlier this week I had a business trip to Baltimore. It's the first time I've been there since I was younger... (I think 1995, but might be off on that one) It was nice to go back. Just makes me want to go back for a not business trip.

The best part was on Monday I was able to meet up with my mother-in-law, Chris. We went down to the inner harbor to grab some food. We walked around trying to find a small local place that wasn't seafood... I am not a huge seafood fan (it's something I wish I liked but the texture gets to me) so we ended up at Hard Rock Cafe. I haven't been in a HRC in awhile, so it was nice. We each had a burger and then we headed over to Camden Yards for the Orioles - Rays game.

It's a very neat stadium. What's funny is I've only seen ballgame in two parks other than Busch and one of them happens to Camden... but I really enjoyed going back... I barely remembered anything about being there over 10 years ago.

The game was fun... although it's completely different from St. Louis... It's just not nearly that exciting... I mean We went to a game for Chad's birthday last Saturday and the attendance was around 43,000 at the Orioles game it was around 7-9,000... it's just sad people around the country don't have baseball like we have baseball. I figure the upside is the chances are greater to get on the big screen... or for you to actually be able to heckle the players and umps.

Overall the night was very nice... It was really cool to be able to hang out with Chris. We got to catch up!! I'm really happy we were able to meet up.

The rest of the trip really isn't worth blogging about... so instead I'll just post some pictures...

They label the homeruns hit...

We had great seats... too bad I didn't really care who won or lost
This picture doesn't really give you a sense of how close we were... it was freaking AWESOME

No comments: