Thursday, September 3, 2009

The San Francisco Treat

A week ago I went to San Francisco for a work conference. It was the very first trip that I traveled alone... I was somewhat nervous about a new airport by myself and finding my shuttle to the hotel. But I managed and was super easy.

We had the conference and stayed at Marines Memorial Club and Hotel. They gave us this awesome deal where we got free buffet breakfast in the mornings and a free two hour happy hour each evening (free drinks yay)

The conference went very smoothly which is always nice. And I had some time to tour around. The project manager, Linda and I got to sight see a bit.

We took the cable cars down to Fisherman's Wharf. We walked around down there (didn't realize it would have such a Venice Beach feel) and we grabbed some lunch on Pier 39. Then we checked out the sea lions. We then headed over to Ghirardelli Square. After that we were pretty tired so we walked back to the cable cars and took them back to our hotel.

We also got to eat at some nice restaurant. I even got food outside of my norm. The first night we went to the Italian restaurant near the hotel. I got gnocchi, which I've never had before but was delicious. The second night we went to a French Vietnamese restaurant where I spent nearly my entire per diam... the wine was awesome and I had sticky rice and baby spinach cooked in garlic with soy sauce or something like that. It was pretty awesome.

Overall the trip was great. San Francisco is an amazing city and I really want to go back... especially with Chad.

Here a the few pictures I took:

Here's a picture of the cable cars, it looked much more picturesque in real life, haha

We had a very clear day so Alcatraz was very clear
Here's out our restaurant window... you can see Linda's reflection
Here are the sea lions

It was fun to watch them
Ghirardelli Square

No comments: